Monday, August 18, 2008

Pictures catchup, and nose mounted

Stephanie's brother Greg visited with his family last weekend. So I enlisted their help in getting the body onto the car. Went OK, but there are a bunch of places where it can get hung up on the frame. Scary to think what it will be like when it is painted and I care about it getting scratched.



Hmm. Must be hung up on the fuel tank:

Might as well throw the nose on for pictures:

Look Mom, I built a car!

OK, so at that point, the body looked like it was on, but it was actually riding very high on the driver's side. (As you can see from the rollbar in the photo.) And of course, the nose was just resting on the radiator and the body.

I finally tracked down the high left side to a spot on the bottom edge being hung up on one of the side body mounts, and it dropped into place nicely.

Next was the taillights, which double as the rear body mounts. Emmett was a huge help here, as I could not reach both sides of the taillights at once. I got them installed, and also got the body side mounts "done".

On to the nose. This was a fun little bit of measuring, fitting, drilling, saying oops, and so forth. I needed some help from Stephanie, as it is very difficult to be in two places at once. But I eventually managed to get the hinges together. There will be plenty of adjusting to do later.

So now you can open the hood:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your building blog makes me sure glad I chose a Unigue Cobra. I just don't have the patience to deal with putting together those ill fitting loose pieces of the FF. Now wait till you encounter the paiting problems that a friend of mine is going through with his FF due to the poorly made fibreglass. FF admitted they screwed up but other than some token money he got no satisfaction and has spent all of this summer with the car in the body shop fighting blistering etc.