I've been doing quite a bit of work on the car, but I haven't been blogging all of it. Two weeks ago, I made myself a battery box. It works OK, but the battery fit is maybe a little tighter than what I intended. Here it is under construction.
Here's a picture of the casting number on my motor. I figured I'd better have a picture of this when it came time to register the car, since the year of the motor is important. So I snapped this before installing the starter, which makes it impossible to see. 5K1 means that my motor was cast on October 1, 1965. Happy 42nd!
Last night I put together a to-do list of everything I need to do to get to the go-cart stage. The list had 59 items, ranging from filling the motor with oil to installing my seat. I went out and got 3 of those items done today, most notably mounting the radiator. I think it is too high, and will hit the nose. But I'll worry about that when I'm fitting the nose.
If you're reading these posts, please add some comments. I sometimes wonder if I'm just talking to myself.