Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still no pictures

I did some work on the car this past weekend, but didn't take any pictures. So the dilemma is whether to post here or not. I'm going with a post, for the sake of recording the history of my progress. I can always come back and add a picture later if I take one.

First I got my Russ Thompson pedal pads installed. These are aluminum plates that go on the brake and clutch pedals to make them match the very nice Russ Thompson gas pedal that I got. They look much better than stock. The directions were so cute, too. They noted that the original steel pedal would interfere with the rubber grommets in the pedals, so you'd have to grind them down a bit. As though there were parts of this car that don't need a grinder for installation.

Then I finished up my cooling system, or at least the water-carrying parts thereof. (The electric fan still needs to be hooked up.) I bypassed the heater for now, because it was slowing me down just thinking about it. The car isn't likely to get much winter use anyway.

No comments: